1. Personal data
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the ‘GDPR’).
2. Data Controller
The owner of Spoonie Survival Kits (Pippa Stacey) is the data controller (contact details below). This means I decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
The owner of Spoonie Survival Kits complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use personal data for the following purposes:
- To enable us to contact and reply to your enquiries;
- To process your orders with us;
- To administer customer records;
- To fundraise and promote the interests of the organisation;
- To manage our employees and volunteers;
- To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of personal and community donations);
- To inform you of news, events and activities run by us.
We may use a third party provider, Etsy, to process shop orders. To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorised Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewellery, for example), if you contact me directly.
Information customers is important to Spoonie Survival Kits, and is shared only for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
When someone visits our website (www.spooniesurvivalkits.com), we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
We may use a third party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our email newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our email newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice [https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/]. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing email@example.com . I don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We may pass your information to third party service providers who we have engaged for the purpose of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf. I disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service.
I have verified that these third party services are GDPR compliant (or are working towards GDPR compliance), and are certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework (or are working towards certification) where these organisations are based outside of the EU.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Contractual necessity so that we can reply to you and have ongoing contact (i.e. via the contact form on the site);
- Explicit Consent so that I can keep you informed about news, events and activities (i.e. in an email newsletter);
- Processing is necessary for carrying out obligations to process any orders with us.
5. Sharing personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with others with your consent. We will only share your data with third parties with your consent.
Please do not express personal data or contact details in blog comments, as these are displayed publicly on the site.
6. How long do we keep data?
We keep data for as long as you are a customer, or you wish to be on a list of former customers for occasional contact.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which the owner of Life Of Pippa holds about you;
- The right to request that the owner of Life Of Pippa corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the owner of Life Of Pippa to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please, in the first instance, contact Pippa Stacey at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113, or via email via https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit.
To learn more about cookies, you can visit www.aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to block and delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
The Cookies We Use
Google Analytics – These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
This data helps us to understand:
- Which pages people visit on the site
- Which internet browsers are being used
- What is popular on the site
- Which interactive tools are used by visitors
Google Adsense Ads – The cookies collect information about what ads you see. You can find out more about these on Google’s Advertising Policy: https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads and how to opt out of personalised ads here: https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922
By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
Notification of Changes
We are not responsible for the availability or content of external sites that may be linked to, from the site. If you find a broken link or if you have any questions or concerns about a link, please contact us.